RE: Problem with connecting to SMB server in 3.9.11 kernel.

Adding nic-dl...

-----Original Message-----
From: Shirish Pargaonkar [mailto:shirishpargaonkar@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 9:24 PM
To: Ben Greear
Cc: linux-cifs; Amit Haval (India Bangalore)
Subject: Re: Problem with connecting to SMB server in 3.9.11 kernel.

yes, this looks like a authentication failure.
It probably is a NetApp server.  Can any other client (e.g. Windows, smbclient etc.) authenticate using ntlmv2/ntlmssp to this server?

SMB servers do not typically point_out/log what part of the request is invalid, so it is little harder to figure out how the request is incorrect.