RE: Problem with connecting to SMB server in 3.9.11 kernel.

Adding our team to comment/help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Talpey [mailto:ttalpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 7:17 PM
To: Jeff Layton; Ben Greear
Cc: linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Amit Haval (India Bangalore); Shirish Pargaonkar
Subject: RE: Problem with connecting to SMB server in 3.9.11 kernel.

The trace Ben attached shows an authentication failure, and I don't see any TRANS2_QUERY_FILE_INFORMATION in the trace at all as Ben references. The client is still sending its SESSION_SETUP attempt. Looks like the client is attempting NTLMSSP/NTLMv2 for NICVALIDATION\administrator, and this status is resulting from the authentication and not the SMB protocol.

Microsoft Message Analyzer shows no problem with the packet structure itself, in any case. So this doesn't appear to be a malformed request.

What type of server is this? The NativeOS string is "SpinStream2", which I don't recognize.