Re:[Solved] permission denied on cifs mount

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013, steve wrote:

The answer is in /var/log/syslog just before the error message.

  hi Steve,
  sorry, but the syslog content is as useful as the mount error message -:)

  kernel: [695979.217883] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
  kernel: [695979.218014] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

  Fortunately, I found the answer by looking for all the options
  in the mount.cifs man.  The one which worked was "sec=none", i.e.

     mount -t cifs -o sec=none //wehd/hdd /d6

  I tried the other possible values for sec, and found that

     mount -t cifs -o "guest,sec=ntlm" //wehd/hdd /d6
     mount -t cifs -o "guest,sec=ntlmv2" //wehd/hdd /d6

  also work.

  At last, I discovered that the difference from my 2 other machines
  comes from the kernel versions. My curent kernel version is 3.10-3,
  but if I boot the same machine selecting kernel 3.2, the command

     mount -t cifs -o guest //wehd/hdd /d6

  works.

  That obviously means that they changed the default
  security mode for cifs in the new kernel, although I found nothing
  about that in the kernel changelog.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel