possible write error code on a CIFS mounted file (e.g EAGAIN) see INTR recent question

Reading through the post of chiaki ISHIKAWA (tahnks for his time to try to fix the problem), I would like to explain a bit more the problem I have with thunderbid 24 on debian linux 64 bits (kernel 3.10.18) when I want to copy block of messages from an imap folder to a file located on a filler where my networked home exist.

First I have to say that thunderbird is the only program that does not behave correctly so the culprit is probably a bad coding in low level IO function handling in thunderbird (e.g read/write). I use the same debian setup at home, but local mail folder is really local and everything works there.

When I have a huge pile of IMAP message I sort them for archiving using classical search method (e.g all mail with foo.com in address stored in local/foo directory). Doing this I move several files including some with significant file attached (e.g 6MB). And usually it takes ages, does not finish but reports no error and the resulting target mbox is sometimes garbled. Doeing the same thing inside a windows VM on the same machine works well.

As significant file move by other applications from the local linux file system to the filler via linux cifs client code do work and are quite rapid, and because after having problem with tunderbird other application continue to work well, I suspect the culprit is TB. But as it works for most people using local files folder, I suspect bad handling of error code (write return -1 and errno value is unexpected/unhandled).

So getting a list of possible errno value from read(2)/write(2) may help.

The mount option I have for this share:
I do not see the noserverino from the mount command result below but on the command line I have in addition to credential and domain:

iocharset=utf8,noserverino

rw,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=ntlmssp,cache=strict,username=xxxxx,domain=xxxx,uid=xxxxx,forceuid,gid=xxxxx,forcegid,addr=10.192.192.2,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)

-- eric