Re: dmesg: "CIFS VFS: Unexpected lookup error -26"

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:58:05 +0700
"Andrey Shernyukov" <andreysh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:16:53 +0700, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > No, sorry -- that doesn't tell me much. I had pretty much inferred that
> > from the info before. What would be more interesting is the capture of
> > the FIND_FIRST/NEXT calls, in binary format so I can open them with
> > wireshark and see what it's sending.
> >

> О.К. Capture packets are in attachment (except first packets with
> authorization information) as "libpcap" wireshark format.

Ok, based on this and the previous text dumps of the QUERY_PATH_INFO
packets, it looks like FIND_FIRST/NEXT is able to fetch this info
without issue, but the QUERY_PATH_INFO call gets back an error. There's
not much we can do about that without some major reworking of the
lookup code.

I think we really ought to convert the lookup code to use a FIND_FIRST
call with a specific name instead of QUERY_PATH_INFO. It seems to
"perturb" things less, plus it also gives us the index number which
we use as an inode number. That allows us to do lookups on unknown
dentries without a second call to fetch the UniqueID.

Additionally, I think we ought to make that error not print by default.
I'll send a patch to tone that down in a bit.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>