missing inotify CREATE event

Hi,

most of the time when I create a file the cifs mounted Samba shares, the CREATE inotify event is missing. The annoying consequence of this is that file managers like nautilus do refresh automatically and a manual refresh is necessary to see new files.

I have mounted two samba shares with cifs in my /etc/fstab:

//kjpsx/home   /home/KHD   cifs    sec=krb5,multiuser,noforceuid,noforcegid
//kjpsx/dat2   /dat        cifs    sec=krb5,multiuser,noforceuid,noforcegid

For example, creating two files on these shares with the commands

touch ~/tmp/test
touch /dat/admin/test

create the inotify events (output of "inotifywait -m ~/tmp /dat/admin/")

tmp/ CREATE test
tmp/ OPEN test
tmp/ ATTRIB test
tmp/ CLOSE_WRITE,CLOSE test
/dat/admin/ OPEN test
/dat/admin/ ATTRIB test
/dat/admin/ CLOSE_WRITE,CLOSE test

Both files were created on cifs file systems, but the second "touch" did not result in a CREATE event.

Has anybody an idea whats going on here?

I use cifs version 1.78, kernel 3.5.0-32 x86_64, Ubuntu 12.04

Peter--