Re: multiuser kerberised cifs via autofs needs root ticket cache

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:10:44 +0200
steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> one of my automount files is:
> * -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,multiuser ://doloresdc/users/&
>
> It works fine but only if the krb5cc_0 cache is available under /tmp.
> When a user logs in, he gets his own cache. With multiuser, why isn't
> that good enough to be able to mount his share?

Because you haven't specified the cruid= that should be used to mount
the share and act as the root credentials for the mount.

I don't think you really want "multiuser" in the above situation. It
sounds like you're trying to set up each autofs-mounted cifs filesystem
for a single user.

In that case, you probably want to do something like:

    * -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,uid=&,gid=&,cruid=& ://doloresdc/users/&

...assuming of course that the directory names under that filesystem
match the usernames of your users.

> Question, if we really must have the root cache then how do I get that
> on boot? I need to run this as root:
> kinit -k steve2 to get the cache with my key in /etc/krb5.keytab. I
> can't find a way to be able to do that on either Ubuntu 12.10 nor
> openSUSE 12.3.

I think you're confused as to what "multiuser" does. It allows users to
access the *same* mounted filesystem with their own krb5 creds. IOW,
instead of trying to use autofs like you are here, you could simply
do this:

    mount -t cifs //doloresdc/users /cifsusers -o sec=krb5,multiuser

...assuming that you have a credcache for uid=0 or proper credentials
in /etc/krb5.keytab, then it should mount and users can access
everything under /cifsusers with their own credentials.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>