Re: kerberised cifs must have root krb5cc_0 cache?

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:27:46 +0200
steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ubuntu 12.10 clients in a Samba4 domain.
>
> Hi
> We are automounting cifs using:
> -osec=krb5,multiuser.
>
> It seems that unless the root cache:
> /tmp/krb5cc_0
> is present, users cannot enter the share even if they have a ticket with
> their own cache under /tmp
>
> Is this the correct behavior?
>
> If so, how to go about maintaining the cache alive. I thought about
> creating s domain user, say autofs-user and extracting his keytab. I
> would then run a script as root that calls k5start to maintain the
> ticket cache. But then, it could be overwritten if, say, Administrator
> logs in from a root account. Would that matter? So long as the root
> cache is present, does it matter which principal it has?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

You do need a krb5 ticket somewhere to use as root's credentials. If
you set the cruid= mount option that can be a credcache owned by a
different user.

Alternately, you can set up the system-wide keytab in /etc/krb5.keytab
with the correct credentials for root.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>