Re: Enhancement needed to UNIX extensions to correctly support Linux EA's.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:33:01 -0700
Jeremy Allison <jra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 04:28:36PM -0500, Steve French wrote:
> > Seems like a reasonable request.   What version of kernel do you want
> > me to give you some test patches for?
>
> Well first let's work out the wire format, then we
> can look at implementations.
>
> I'm assuming you'll be re-using the existing
> EA marshalling/de-marshalling code, so let's
> decide exactly which Windows info-level we
> want to base it on.
>
> Jeremy.

Yeah, sounds reasonable to me too. We currently only use:

    SMB_INFO_QUERY_ALL_EAS
    SMB_SET_FILE_EA

However, the current marshalling/unmarshalling code is a bit of a mess,
so if it makes sense to depart from how those work then we can do so.

Note that we ought to add a new unix capability bit for this too.
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>