Re: Finding krb5 ccaches of new types in new locations

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:54:43 -0400
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the things we're currently trying to do for Fedora 18 is to move
> user credential caches from being files ("FILE" ccaches) in /tmp to
> being subdirectories ("DIR" ccaches) under /run/user/${UID}.  To be very
> specific, we'd go from using one of:
>   FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_${UID}
>   FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_${UID}_XXXXXX
> to possibly using one of those, and possibly also any of these:
>   DIR:/run/user/${UID}/krb5cc
>   DIR:/run/user/${UID}/krb5cc_XXXXXX
>   FILE:/run/user/${UID}/krb5cc
>   FILE:/run/user/${UID}/krb5cc_XXXXXX
>   DIR:/tmp/krb5cc_${UID}
>   DIR:/tmp/krb5cc_${UID}_XXXXXX
>
> Some would be more likely than others, but my goal here is to make sure
> that cifs.upcall can find credentials in these other locations.  I'll
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nalin

I tested an earlier version of these patches and they seemed to do the
right thing. We don't upcall that often so the extra overhead of
searching other directories should be ok.

I'll plan to merge these in another few days, assuming there are no
objections.

Thanks for the patches!
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>