How do I get the version of CIFS vfs with the backuid and backupgid on my system?

Hello

My system is-

3.0.0-23-generic-pae #39-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 19 19:39:19 UTC 2012 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

My goal is to mount a CIFS share and utilise backup intent to get read
access to the CIFS share. However it seems that the version of CIFS vfs
or the version of cifs-utils on my system isn't up to date enough to use
this functionality. What is the correct version of CIFS vfs to install
to get the backupuid and backupgid mounting options? How can this be
installed in Ubuntu?

Thanks.

Sam Kidman
IT System Administrator