Re: file_mode, dir_mode ignored when unix extensions are negotiated?

(Sorry about the self-reply)

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2006-December/001627.html

>From this thread, the reason seems to be that we don't want to change
the behavior as there would be users who might want to use the
uid/gid/mode from the server when Unix Extensions are enabled.

So, I'd assume that the rationale remains the same unless someone tells
me that is wrong.

Thanks
Suresh