Re: mount.cifs multiuser w/o krb5? How?

Jeff Layton píše v Pá 06. 07. 2012 v 14:15 -0400:

Hello Jeff,

> On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 20:52:17 +0200
> Milan Knížek <knizek.confy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > To move on for multiuser: adding the credentials to the keyring:
> > [user1@client /]$ cifscreds add server
> > and typing in the password.
> >
> > (Similarly for user2.)
> >
> > When I remount the same share with "multiuser" option with the
> > credentials of user1, the share is accessible only by the root user, the
> > users user1 and user2 cannot list the mount point (cannot access /mnt:
> > Permission denied)
> >

> Can you clarify exactly what you did above? How, exactly did you
> remount the share?

I actually unmounted and mounted again with the extra "multiuser"
option.

> > Adding cifscreds has exit code 0. Running "cifscreds clearall" results
> > in "You have no stashed cifs credentials. If you want to add them use:
> > cifscreds add" and exit code 1. That's weird.
> >

> After you do the "cifscreds add", if you then do a "keyctl show" does
> it show the cifs keys attached to your session keyring?
>
> One thing that may be biting you: cifscreds attaches the keys to the
> session keyring. If you do the "add" in one session and then try to
> access from another, it won't work since the keys just aren't present.
> The fact that "clearall" doesn't find any creds leads me to suspect
> that's what's going on here.
>
> The scope of a "session" in keys parlance is unfortunately somewhat
> poorly defined, but you basically need to do the "cifscreds add" from
> each login. A graphical login on the console would be a single session
> however.

Hm, I will need to read more on the keyrings in kernel...

Anyway, here are some details:
[root@client /]# su - zmrzlinka
[zmrzlinka@client ~]$ keyctl show
Session Keyring
  14048542 --alswrv   1001    -1  keyring: _uid_ses.1001
 320075663 --alswrv   1001    -1   \_ keyring: _uid.1001
[zmrzlinka@client ~]$ cifscreds add -u zmrzlinka toillet
Password: [blabla]
[zmrzlinka@client ~]$ keyctl show
Session Keyring
  14048542 --alswrv   1001    -1  keyring: _uid_ses.1001
 320075663 --alswrv   1001    -1   \_ keyring: _uid.1001

It does not seem to change anything. Is there a way how to add the key
to the keyring using "keyctl" instead of "cifscreds" (for testing
purposes)?

Regards,
Milan
--