linux-next workflow question for cifs

Trying to figure out the easiest way for the workflow for the new
cifs-2.6.git linux-next branch for this scenario:

- push a series of patches to cifs-2.6.git linux-next
- someone adds an ack to a patch in the middle, or even a coding
change to a patch in the middle
- how do I easiest make this change and repush (without constantly
doing git push --force)

Do I rename the branch on my local workstation, do a git push (what is
the option to delete a branch remotely...?), then switch on the local
box to the newly renamed branch, amend the patch (will gitk or other
gui tool make this easier than what I use today which is git command
line option which launches a vi-like interface  which is a little bit
of a pain), rename the branch back and then push the new linux-next
branch (and create it on the remote server) ....

--
Thanks,

Steve