Re: cifs speed problems

cifs speeds had been pretty good for multiple processes doing i/o the
server (something like dbench with multiple processes will do
reasonably well compared to alternatives), but did not implement async
read or write dispatch (for the same file) until more recently.

Starting with 3.0 kernels (due to Jeff's async write patches) my
testing gets wire speeds (near 1Gb/sec) on write (copy to the server).
For 3.1 kernels (due to the async read patches) my testing gets wire
speeds (near 1Gb/sec) on read (copy from the server).

Not sure the distro backport plans for these but most current Fedora
etc. should benefit from these.

--
Thanks,

Steve