cifs issue with Domain Based DFS share on Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello,

I have been working on this for weeks and have exhausted all my resources. I am
hoping to get some help. We are having an issue connecting to domain based DFS
shares on Windows 2008 R2 servers. It used to work when one of the DCs were
Windows 2003, but that DC has been decommissioned. I can get a browse these
shares using smbclient, but cifs is our preferred method of mounting windows
shares. We can mount directly to the backend dfs servers, just not through the
Domain namespace.

Here is some background information:

Kernel = 2.6.32-131.12.1.el6.i686
Samba version = 3.5.10-114.el6.i686
mount.cifs version: 4.8.1
cifs-utils and keyutils is installed with request-key.conf configured correctly.
Doing a Wireshark trace of the failed mount shows we are not getting referrals.
CIFS debug shows “Status code returned 0xc00000cc NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME”
I have tried with all different sec protocols to no avail.

Mount command we are using in fstab:
                //<domain name>/<DFS root> /opt/test cifs
rw,username=*****,password=*****,domain=NDGOV,dir_mode=0755,file_mode=0644 0 0

Thank you very much for your time!

Casey