Re: problem mounting under Xubuntu

On 05/12/11 16:00, Shirish Pargaonkar wrote:

the following command works from my slackware system:
  mount.cifs //server/share /mnt -o guest

Would be interesting to compare the tcpdump/wireshark trace
for a successful anonymous login from slackware but failing
anonymous login from a xubuntu box.

ok, I've attached file generated on slackware, only difference to the command above is the mountpoint (/mnt/store).

the xubuntu one, same tcpdump command-line and mount.cifs invokation, was posted on 2nd Dec.

Is there something setup in the stanza of this share on the Samba
server that is specific to Xubuntu machine/address?

not to my knowledge, NAS has never been set-up in this sense, all defaults. on the two respective clients I use exact same smb.conf's (except hostname) but in any case, mount.cifs ignores smb.conf, according to its man page.