Re: problem mounting under Xubuntu

On 28/11/11 20:32, Jeff Layton wrote:

Looks like the tree connect is falling down. Does the user you're
connecting as have access to the exported share? You may want to check
the logs on the NAS and see why it's rejecting the tree connect request.

looked at logs (via browser) on NetGear NAS, appears not to have been recorded.

yes, I can mount the share(s) as '-o guest' from a slackware box, and I can access the NAS from xubuntu using smbclient, but using the mount.cifs command doesn't work.