file changed in vim when opened in another instance

Hi,

when I open a cifs-share located file with vim which is opened
somewhere else (e.g. nano) I always get a message about the file
having changed upon saving it (in vim), regardless whether it has
changed or not.

Is this intended? I often edit windows-originated source-files with
vim and debug/execute them with some IDE on windows, opening them
simultaneously there.

This happens only on cifs-shares so I reckon it's a cifs and not a vim
problem, but I could very well be wrong here.

Thanks, Johannes