Re: smb2 work status

2011/7/16 Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 01:29:22PM +0400, Pavel Shilovsky wrote:
>> Jeff, Christoph, can you comment on this, please?
>
> I really don't like all that ifdef mess.  I'm not quite sure how to
> fix in in general, though.  For the inode operations it's fairly simple:
> just have a different set for smb2, the only shared code is just the
> path_from_dentry call, so there's not much duplication.  But for the
> rest I'm not too sure.  Stubbing things out smarter would help, as
> would creating more helpers but I'm not sure that's going to help
> with everything.  Also some of the big bulk commits earlier in the
> series add code that's pretty far from the normal Linux style, e.g.
> smb2pdu.c, it would be nice to at least make the new code in cifs
> look normal.

Thanks for your comments!

If I understand you right, you mean to separate inode and file
operations for smb2 into a different structures, set them once with
ifdefs in cifs_set_ops() and keep them in smb2inode.c and smb2file.c
files.

As for the code style of new files - I am going to fix it soon.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.