From: linux-cifs-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-cifs-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Layton
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:33 PM
To: Shane McColman
Cc: linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CIFS VFS errors

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:12:23 -0600
"Shane McColman" <smccolman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Over the past two days the number of error messages stayed the same but
now
> I'm getting the same problems as reported in
>
> Bug 36952 -  [2.6.39] CIFS write failures where 2.6.38 works
>
> I had to restart my software this morning, but I'm pretty sure I should be
> back to the same spot by Monday (if not sooner).  I can turn on debug
> logging (as suggested by Jeff in reply to Helge's email) if somebody is
> interested.  Just let me know.  I really need to get this fixed, so just
let
> me know what I can do to help.

I suspect that the issue is with signed connections. Are you using
signed authentication? The patch that I posted earlier today should fix
this in mainline if so.

We'll need to do something different for 2.6.39 though. A possible
workaround in the meantime is to set the wsize to something smaller, eg
wsize=16384. Could you try that and let me know if it makes the problem
go away?

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>