Re: revalidate inode before generic_file_aio_read

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:33:32 +0300
Pavel Shilovsky <piastryyy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2011/3/10 Suresh Jayaraman <sjayaraman@xxxxxxx>:
> > Did you mean while using strict cache along with actimeo? Conceptually
> > one should not be needing to use them together, right?
>
> I don't mean strict cache mode and suggested to do it for
> non-strictcache mounts. Sorry for didn't make it clear in the first
> email.

I think it's a reasonable thing to do. I proposed something similar
about a year ago, but Steve NAK'ed it. It was part of this patchset,
some of which made it in:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2010-February/005548.html

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>