Re: uid specified user can't access mounted Window share

If writes to that directory still fail when maximal permissions are
granted to local acces:

mount.cifs //server/share/media/h/ -o
user=user1,domain=dmn,uid=user1,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

or even disable permission checking on the client:

mount.cifs //server/share/media/h/ -o user=user1,domain=dmn,uid=user1,noperm

If those fail, then the issue is the permissions (access control) set
on the server directory for that user, not client permissions.  Be
careful about not leaving spaces between the comma separated items in
the mount option list (after -o separate parameters with commas).

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Chen, Xianwen <xianwen.chen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi fellow Linuxers,
>
> I need some hints on granting access to a non-root user for mounted
> Windows share.
>
> The share is mounted via
>  mount.cifs //server/share/media/h/ -o user=user1 domain=dmn uid=user1
>
> However, user1 can't write to /media/h.
>
> Any comment will be appreciated!
>
> Xianwen
> --