Re: [GIT] CIFS Fixes

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 10:45:33 -0600
> Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The following changes since commit afe8a887550f7cc24eb16449670b93f6b43c32d8:
>>
>>   Merge branch 'next' of git://git.monstr.eu/linux-2.6-microblaze
>> (2011-02-02 10:23:58 +1100)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git master
>>
>> Jeff Layton (3):
>>       cifs: fix length vs. total_read confusion in cifs_demultiplex_thread
>>       cifs: enable signing flag in SMB header when server has it on
>>       cifs: don't send an echo request unless NegProt has been done
>>

> I don't think the last patch is quite ready, which is why I haven't
> posted it to the list. In any case, I have some follow-on patches that
> should fix it. Pushing to Linus now is fine, but we'll need to follow
> up with another one soon.

I agree, but the last patch does resolve the most obvious issue behind
the extraneous SMB echos, and the "enable signing" flag patch is
important to get upstream.

> Also, are you planning to push this patch to Linus in the near future?
>
>    cifs: don't always drop malformed replies on the floor

Yes, probably in next few days.  I only had the minor question about
whether you wanted to update one of the comments
(after the discussion about why 48 bytes was chosen).

--
Thanks,

Steve