Re: Dir List Across Network - Slow from one machine, fast from another

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response - you gave me an excuse to download the new
ubuntu 10.10 beta and fire it up.

So I now have a VirtualBox vm on the same network running
2.6.36-19-generic.  Is that recent enough to have the fix you
mentioned?

The result is odd / interesting.  The first time I run the 'ls -la' it
is quick (4 seconds) as per the older machine, but on subsequent calls
it slow again (4 minutes) like the production box.

If I umount then mount again, I get one fast lookup, then slow again
for any further calls.  Totally repeatable, I've been repeating on and
off all day and scratching my head in bewilderment.

I checked the 2.6.31 machine and the umount trick does not work there.

Any ideas?

mike