Re: [cifs bindaddr v2] cifs: Allow binding to local IP address.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:29:49 -0700
> Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Sounds reasonable.
>>
>> It doesn't matter to me.  Please tell me which one you want me to use
>> and I'll work on re-spinning this patch with ipv6 support.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

> My preference would be "srcaddr=".

Shorter is good ...
srcaddr wins unless we have a particular compatibility objective with
other fs mounts (ie an existing mount option - which so far I have not
been able to find).

For completeness we should consider, at least briefly, one alternative name.
Note that smb.conf (and thus smbclient indirectly uses this) can
override the local interface using the optional smb.conf parm
"interfaces" - we could shorten this to "interface"   If anyone feels
strongly about this being better ...

--
Thanks,

Steve