Cannot allocate memory error on mount

On a recent Fedora (13), I am seeing a mount failure message that I can not explain. I have a Windows Server 2003 a with a share set up for access only for a specific username (say userfoo). If I try to mount it from Linux, using userfoo and the correct password all is well. If I try with a bad password or with some other username (userbar), it fails with "Permission denied" as expected. If I try to mount as username = administrator, and give the correct administrator password, I would also expect "Permission denied", but I see "Cannot allocate memory" instead.

dmesg and /var/log/messages show an odd entry about failure to get root inode. Setting cifsFYI shows that errno 13 is being seen on the client side, but then this inode error occurs.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas what is happening?

Thanks, Joe H.

 fs/cifs/netmisc.c: Mapping smb error code 5 to POSIX err -13
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: Send error in QPathInfo = -13
 CIFS VFS: cifs_read_super: get root inode failed
 fs/cifs/connect.c: CIFS VFS: in cifs_put_tcon as Xid: 44322319 with uid: 0
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: In tree disconnect
 fs/cifs/transport.c: For smb_command 113
 fs/cifs/transport.c: Sending smb:  total_len 39
 fs/cifs/connect.c: rfc1002 length 0x27
 fs/cifs/connect.c: CIFS VFS: in cifs_put_smb_ses as Xid: 44322320 with uid: 0
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: In SMBLogoff for session disconnect
 fs/cifs/transport.c: For smb_command 116
 fs/cifs/transport.c: Sending smb:  total_len 43
 fs/cifs/connect.c: rfc1002 length 0x2b