Re: crypto apis in cifs module allocating storage for character array during run-time vs. dynamic allocation

----- "Shirish Pargaonkar" <shirishpargaonkar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Instead of determining and allocating a char array for use during usage of
> crypto_shash_* calls, would like to instead dynamically
> allocate (and free) storage for the duration of crypto calculation
> (crypto_shash_init,
> crypto_shash_update, and crypto_shash_final)
> But everytime I try, it results in some sort of oops in the cifs module.
Let me just suggest something, without trying it...

> +struct sdesc {
> +       struct shash_desc shash;
> +       char *ctx;
        char ctx[];
would be correct here.
> +};
And you need to allocate both shash_desc and "ctx" together as a single piece of memory - exactly mirror the memory layout of the original "sdesc" variable.
    Mirek