Re: Build infrastructure for storing NTLM creds in kernel keyring

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:48:21 +0400
"Igor Druzhinin" <jaxbrigs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I pulled down your latest code and it doesn't appear to be patched. Am
> > I missing something?
>
> ----------------[snip]---------------
> struct command {
>  int (*action)(int argc, char *argv[]);
>  const char name[MAX_COMMAND_SIZE];
>  const char *format;
> };
> ----------------[snip]---------------
>
> Now, under each field we will allocate exactly MAX_COMMAND_SIZE bytes.
> During the comparison we will not walk outside the allocated area.
>
> ----------------[snip]---------------
>  n = strnlen(argv[1], MAX_COMMAND_SIZE);
>
>  for (cmd = commands; cmd->action; cmd++) {
>   if (memcmp(cmd->name, argv[1], n) != 0)
>    continue;
plan to merge it soon.

> Yes, I have developed an algorithm and wrote some code samples.
> This will require some changes in mount.cifs. The kernel will look for the
> key during parsing of pass= option in cifs_parse_mount_options routine. As
> an option pass= follows the options ip=, user= and dom= problems shouldn't
> arise. If successful, password will be used from the key, otherwise from the
> pass= option. mount.cifs can independently verify the presence of the key
> and does not require a password from the user.

Cool -- I look forward to seeing that part.

I don't think however that you should assume that mount options come in
any particular order. We do occasionally get people who use cifs
without a mount helper at all or who pass in options that the mount
helper would ordinarily fill out itself (ip=, for instance).

Nice work!
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>