AW: candlelight CAN-FD TX echo

Hi Marc,

 > I'm currently addinf CAN-FD support to the Candlelight firmware and looking
> at the TX echo message from the CAN device to Linux. In your firmware for
> CAN-FD frames, are you echoing the whole CAN FD structure gs_host_frame
> with 64 byte data, or the classic CAN gs_host_frame with 8 byte data?

In our firmware the whole 64 byte data is echoed back.

> The Candlelight I use only works in full-speed USB (12 Mbit/s) max, which
> means that the maximum transmission size is 64, which results in a TX echo
> consisting of 2 USB transmissions. The Linux driver makes no use of the data
> in the TX echo frame, so a classic CAN TX echo would suffice.

Our device supports USB high-speed USB (480Mbit/s).

Best regards,
Peter
Christ Electronic Systems GmbH
http://www.christ-es.de/

Geschäftsführer: Franz Reichle
Hauptsitz: Alpenstraße 34, 87700 Memmingen
Amtsgericht Memmingen HRB 9102

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]