Debugging dropped/missing frames in the network layer

I am working with an out-of-tree kernel driver which maps LIN messages via a UART onto the CAN networking stack, to allow for using the regular CAN tools to also work with LIN messages (The driver in question is sllin, https://github.com/lin-bus/linux-lin/, based on slcan from what I understand).

During use, I see a lot of frames missing from the output. From debugging the module, I can see that the kernel module receive the messages as expected, but they never show up in user space using candump. I can trace the messages in the module to the hand-off to the networking stack via a netif_rx call.

Are there any additional handles in the networking/CAN stack to show me where the missing frames are being discarded before reaching user space, or which could otherwise help me narrow down the origin of this issue? The frames are transmitted from a custom/third party device at 19200 kbps and with 100 ms spacing.

Hardware on the Linux side is a Raspberry Pi 4 running kernel 5.15.56 in 64 bit mode.

Regards, Magnus.

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]