Re: Thanks for reviewing can327!

+CC: linux-can

On Wed. 15 Jun. 2022 at 05:28, Max Staudt <max@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> Thank you so much for the thorough review of can327!
>
> (the word "relentless" comes to mind, even if it doesn't really fit...)
>

> You went above and beyond anything I could ever have dreamed of for
> something that has started as a hobby curiosity, and now likely powers
> several projects more curious than itself. No idea why you did, but I'm
> grateful.

I can answer you. Several reasons but the strongest one is that less
than two years ago, I was in your shoes.
I posted my first message on the linux-can mailing list in September
2020 with the patches for the etas_es58x driver.

I did mistakes similar to what you did, for example I also had a
memory leak in my code:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-can/45c0b0cc-bfd6-5180-7ad9-51eebc9de3c9@xxxxxxxxx/
(thanks again to Jimmy for spotting that).

My patch reached v15 and took half a year before being finally
accepted. All the comments and mentoring I received back then from
Marc, Oliver and the others turned out to be my best learning
experience in the last few years.
In some way, my review is a way to give back to the community what I received.

> Please remind me to buy you a beer or other drink the nex^H^H^Hfirst
> time we meet.

I live in Tokyo, if you have plans to visit, it would be my pleasure
to share a beer.

Yours sincerely,
Vincent Mailhol

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]