Re: ram initialization on mcp2518fd

On 17/06/2022 16.17, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> On 17.06.2022 16:01:56, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:

>> There is still something to be looked at, since I see
>>
>> NOHZ tick-stop error: Non-RCU local softirq work is pending, handler #08!!!
>
> Update to a newer kernel. In v5.15 this problem is fixed.

Oh, great, thanks. I'll try to give 5.15 a quick spin, we're mostly on
5.10 because this project started when that was the latest LTS.

>> when I start the traffic test. And the dev_id reading still doesn't
>> work (though it's not really used for anything other than an
>> informative printk).
>
> What does it read on your board? But still that transfer should work.

Depending on whether the miso pin has been configured with a weak
internal pull-up or pull-down, it reads either 0xff or 0x00 - and that's
also the case when I expand the read to all six e00 through e14
registers. So the chip isn't really driving miso, and I think that's
because CS is released between the two elements of the xfer array.

>> But I'll have to get our hardware guys to help me do some soldering to
>> capture all four channels at once to see just exactly what is going on
>> there.
>
> Have a look at these: https://sensepeek.com/pcbite_20

Yup, they're excellent :) My desk: https://ibb.co/LRdtt7Q . However I
can't really manage to get more than two probes directly on the mcp2518fd.

Thanks,
Rasmus

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]