Re: [net-next] can: isotp: sanitize CAN ID checks in isotp_bind()

On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 09:42:14 +0100 Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> > Another option is to port the patch to net/master with the hope that
> > back porting is easier.
>
> I have a patch here for net/master that also properly applies down to
> linux-5.10.y
> If requested I could post it instantly.
>
> > Then talk to Jakub and David about the merge
> > conflict when net/master is merged to net-next/master.
>
> Yes. There will be a merge conflict. Therefore I thought bringing that
> patch for the released 5.17 and the stable trees later would be less
> effort for Jakub and David.

No strong preference in this particular case, -rc9 is very unlikely
so won't be much difference between it getting merge to net or net-next.

If you don't have a preference either let's got with the usual process
and send the patch to net, just share the conflict resolution and we
can deal with it.

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]