Re: can: m_can: tcan4x5x: wake pin

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 04:19:01PM +0100, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> On 22.02.2022 16:03:34, Sean Nyekjaer wrote:
> > The TCAN4x5x device have 2 wake pins. One for waking the host controller
> > and one for waking the tcan controller it self.
> >
> > We only have the wake for the tcan controller it self implemented
> > right?
>
> Sort of. The tcan driver contains handling for the device_state_gpio. I
> think should be the pin from the tcan to SoC. The handling of this pin
> looks fishy.

Ah, Okay so state-gpio maps to nWKRQ and wake-gpio maps to WAKE.
I don't think one should wire the WAKE pin to the SoC.

> > I have a task that would enable our host to wake-on-can traffic.
>
> Due to lack of time, I haven't looked deeply into the sleep and wakeup
> of the tcan and the wake from the tcan towards the SoC. As said above,
> the device_state_gpio handling looks fishy. Probably first remove the
> device_state_gpio handling from the driver, add missing power management
> to the m_can and tcan driver, then add wakeup support.

The task just grew, will see when I get time ...

> Have a look at this series, I haven't reviewed it in detail, but it
> looks good at the first glance.
>
> | https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220111002109.927308-1-phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

/Sean

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]