Re: sjw in can_calc_bittiming

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your answer.

Am Di., 2. Nov. 2021 um 16:36 Uhr schrieb Oliver Hartkopp
<socketcan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > We can fix this quite easily by specifying a higher sjw value.
>
> You can specify the sjw value with the ip command (for CAN FD there is
> also a dsjw). And IIRC you can set it to the max. value for your CAN
> controller if you define sjw to be 4.

I know that and this is my current solution. And I am totally happy with that.
Sorry if this wasn't clear in my original message.

My question was if it makes sense to change the default in can_calc_bittiming()
to something more adaptive than just 1 depending on the total number of tq.
This may prevent others from hitting the same problem as I did.

If you can take some time and rethink my original question that would be great

> > Wouldn't it make sense to increase sjw in can_calc_bittiming() to something
> > like 5% of the total time quanta? This may increase the reliability of the CAN
> > network when there are differences in the bitrates of the single members. Are
> > there any arguments against such an arbitrary selection of sjw?

Regards

Matthias

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]