Re: [RFC] c_can improvements

On ma, 30 sep 2019 21:17:44 +0000, Jeroen Hofstee wrote:
> Hello Kurt,
>
> On 9/30/19 9:30 PM, Kurt Van Dijck wrote:
> > First patch will (try to) remove lost busoff conditions by not reading
> > the status register wihtout pending status interrupt.
> > This has ran for several weeks, and not produced any lost busoff (I'm
> > not sure it would have issued a true positive in this time).
> > I run this on a beaglebone-alike board.
> >
> > Next patch will tear c_can bottom halve isr out of napi so I can better control
> > it's RT priority without affecting other napi handlers in the same softirq.
> >
> > Last patch will combine top and bottom halve isr in case of force irq threading
> > like on an RT kernel. Having the irq split across 2 threads does not seem wise.
>
> I will have a better look at this, but can you also
> look at https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-can/msg02302.html?

I'll take a look. I had seen them pass by, but they slipped through.

> It might solve part of your issue, but at least there is a
> merge conflict there, I think..
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeroen

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]