Signed signal value in CAN bus

Hi everyone,

I have a question about signed numbers in CAN, but I try to handle sign of a signal's value whenever it is a signed value.

I would like to have something that works in any cases obviously but for what I found, signed value in CAN bus isn't standardized.

You can have:

 * signal on N-1 bits, with the subtracted bit representing the sign
 * either with 1's complement 2's complement. You could have some
   bitfield not encoded within classics bytes but in 3 or 13 bits by
   example, so it could complicate the computing of the signed value
   depending on the chosen method.

Best regards.

--
Romain Forlot - Embedded Engineer - IoT.bzh
romain.forlot@xxxxxxx - www.iot.bzh - +33675142438

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]