Re: Can Frame submission and dropped frames

Hello,

Am 30.11.2018 um 16:12 schrieb kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>> On 30.11.2018, at 15:20, Wolfgang Grandegger <wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am 29.11.2018 um 16:57 schrieb kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>>> Hi Wolfgang!
[...snip...]

>>> I can not comment on that...
>>

>> It's a different issue then.
>
> but I heard a comment that the old version of the driver will get high CPU
> load when not connected to a CAN bus (Bus-off or no peer to do ACKs).

Sending a message without connection to the bus results in ACK errors.
Even if the MCP2515 manual states that the error interrupt will only be
triggered if the error state of the transmitter or receiver has changed,
it triggers much more often... on every bus error, I suspect.

Do you see that problem with the MCP2517 as well?

Wolfgang.

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]