Re: cachefilesd refuses to cache NFS exports/mounts with fsid = 0

David Härdeman <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been trying to setup fscache for an NFS share by following various online guides but the client refused to enable the FSC for some reason (client = Debian Unstable, Linux 5.6.0; server = Debian Stable, Linux 4.19.0-8).
>
> After a lot of trial and error, I discovered that the caching is enabled as long as the fsid is not zero.
>
> Is this expected behavior and, if so, shouldn't it be documented somewhere?

Some patches went in to v5.7-rc6 that may well fix this.

50eaa652b54d NFSv4: Fix fscache cookie aux_data to ensure change_attr is included
15751612734c NFS: Fix fscache super_cookie allocation
d9bfced1fbcb NFS: Fix fscache super_cookie index_key from changing after umount

David