Re: Possible page cache related bug

Stefan Blanke <Stefan.Blanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Many messages of this form are seen in /var/log/messages, but not sure if this
> is connected:
>
> FS-Cache: Assertion failed
> 1 == 0 is false
> FS-Cache: Assertion failed
> 0 >= 1 is false

It should follow up these lines with an oops showing a source filename and
line number.  I can't tell which assertion failed without that.

> Kernel / fscache:
> 4dc2606 3.0.3 64-bit Crash running fscache/cachefilesd
> 3b27dea NFS: Use FS-Cache invalidation

I presume these are the patches you have applied to the 2.6.39.4 kernel?

What's the "4dc2606 3.0.3 64-bit Crash running fscache/cachefilesd" patch?
There are several patches it could be from the email thread with that subject.

There appear to be some patches you're missing.  I'll set up a new GIT tree
with my current patch state now that kernel.org is available again.

David