fscache 2 GB file size limitation

I've attempted to benchmark cachefs on an ubuntu 10.04 machine using ext4 on / as the filesystem cache. I've been reading files into memory using cat and redirecting the output to /dev/null. This seems to utilize the cache just fine if the file is <= 2 GB. However, if the file is anything over 2 GB, the cache is completely unused. I'll clear stop cachefilesd, clear out the file system cache (rm -f -r /var/cache/fscache/*), and then restart cachefilesd to make sure there's nothing in it. Then if I cat a 2.1 GB file to /dev/null du shows the /var/cache/fscache dir as a few KB large. If I do the same thing with a 2 GB file du shows the cache as using 2 GB of disk space.

Is this expected behavior or is there something I'm overlooking?

-Eric