Re: CacheFS status

Hi,

I am just starting to work on cacheFS.

The 'flaw' David mentioned will not effect my use because it is related to the way hard disks work and I am using SSD's for backing store.

If anyone comes up with a fix or workaround to make cacheFS work better with hard disks for backing store, I would diffidently be interested, just to make sure it will continue to work fine with SSD's, if for no other reason.

Plus, in the sprit of open source software development, I would hope that we can work together and make cacheFD work for everyone.  There are many elements to this design that make it superior to the alternative (cachefiles).

Suresh, I hope you will join the fun.

-=# Paul #=-