General question

Hi

I wonder if I can post my questions here or not.

I have centos 5.3 server and want to install cachefiles. What I have done so
far are below.

1.      Upgraded kernel current to 2.6.30.6 and configured as below

<*> Ext3 journalling file system support

 [*]   Ext3 extended attributes

<*> General filesystem local caching manager

 <*>   Filesystem caching on files

<M>   NFS client support

 [*]   Provide NFS client caching support (EXPERIMENTAL)

 <M>   Andrew File System support (AFS) (EXPERIMENTAL)

 [*]   Provide AFS client caching support (EXPERIMENTAL)

And edited .config with

CONFIG_FSCACHE_STATS=y

CONFIG_FSCACHE_HISTOGRAM=y

Then recompiled kernel.

2.      Changed file system with option "users_xattr" and mounted.

3.      Upgraded nfs-utils to version 1.1.2 and used option flag with "fsc"
to mount with NFS server.

4.      Installed cachefilesd-0.8-5.el5.i386.rpm.

This was something. When I start /etc/rc.d/init.d/cachefilesd start ,

"Starting cachefilesd: FATAL: Module cachefiles not found."  This error came
up and it could not start.

/sbin/lsmod | grep cachefiles  <-- this did not pick up any module. So could
not start.

And if I execute cachefilesd, looks like it can not find
/proc/fs/cachefiles.

But there is /proc/fs/cachefiles in my system (but it is directory!!). So I
edited a little bit in cachefilesd.c to change from

Procfile=/proc/fs/cachefiles to /tmp/fs/cachefiles. And recompiled it.

If I execute "/sbin/cachefilesd" directory instead of
/etc/rc.d/init.d/cachefilesd start , then it started working.

Everything seems working good. It caches file from NFS server and looks
effecting cache files in local.

My question are

1.      Is this kernel setup ok?

2.      Is any information for me to install chachefilesd? I am not sure to
install like above.

I was looking for proper cachefilesd rpm file for CENTOS5.3. But all of them
have same problem when it starts.

Please help

Scott