Re: fs-cache for nfs-root

Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to use fs-cache for a system which uses nfs as root
> filesystem. nfs-root is only available if I configure nfs-client-support as
> compiled-in and then the option for nfs-cache disappeares.

Yes-ish.  You probably need to set CONFIG_FSCACHE=y.

Caching won't take place until you load the CacheFiles module (or compile it
in) and run up cachefilesd.  At that point, I think your root fs should start
being cached - but only for the files that are opened _after_ the cache is
brought on line.

You also need to pass the 'fsc' option to the NFS mount for the rootfs.

David