Re: GFS

On 27/08/2009 12:14, David Howells wrote:

Can I use cachefs directly on top of a GFS filesystem? I'm
imagining some horrible scenario where I export my GFS
filesystem to 127.0.0.1 over NFS just to get the cachefs
support...

Do you mean to cache GFS accesses, or do you mean store the cache on GFS
instead of, say, ext3?

I mean to cache GFS accesses. The GFS filesystem is exported to my servers via iSCSI, unfortunately over a 100Mb connection, so I'd like to do some local caching.

If you mean to cache GFS accesses, then no.  This isn't Solaris; you don't use
FS-Cache on top of a filesystem, the filesystem talks to FS-Cache.  GFS would
have to be taught how to use it.  It oughtn't to be too hard.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make GFS work with FS-Cache?

Would my local NFS "hack" work? Ie, GFS is mounted on my server over iSCSI, then on my server I export it via NFS to localhost, to get the FS-Cache support?

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/