Re: Kernel 2.6.30-rc2

David Howells wrote:
Edward Konetzko <konetzed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been testing fscache with kernel 2.6.29-rc3 and everything works as
expected. I have been testing 2.6.30-rc2 and everything appeared to be working
fine except when I look the resource graphs it seems like objects are not
being retried from cachefilesd after they are cached on disk.

Can you examine /proc/fs/fscache/stats?

David

What should I look for, I have my collectd module graphing /proc/*/stats out. But by comparing the graphs from a test with 2.6.30-rc2 to the 2.6.29-rc3 kernel there are huge differences between network and cpu. The 2.6.30-rc2 graphs with fscache and cachefilesd look identical to the 2.6.29-rc3 without fscache and cachefilesd.

If you would like I might have time tomorrow to run the tests again and email you a pdf of the graphs.

Edward