Re: Problems testing Lustre filesystem with fscache / cachefiles

David,

Thanks for the help.  It turns out (though I'm waiting to receive it) there
may be a lustre patch to get me into a modern kernel.  That begs the
question of how to build a 2.6.2x kernel with a current fscache &
cachefiles.

Since I've been taking the lazy approach - using a kernel that already
contained it (albeit an old unstable version) - I need to find instructions
as to how to build late model kernels with the fscache components.  I've
looked through your ftp space and found tarballs and patches, but not
specific info about exactly which kernels the tarballs and patches go with.
Is there a page or document I could read in order to get this straight?

I'll add that I'm not sure yet which kernel.org versions I'll be able to use
yet.  I was told in a vague way that 2.6.25 was probably a possibility, but
as yet that's unconfirmed.

Any advice appreciated,
John