Re: [Linux-cachefs] notes I made for getting fs cache working on Debian

Shaya Potter wrote:
there are somewhat ugly, but might be useful to someone.

-------

we now need to modify the kernel, build a userspace daemon and modified mount (that understand the fscache option) in order to the the NFS/FS-Cache combo working

everything one needs is at

http://people.redhat.com/~steved/fscache/
has just been updated with that latest cachefilesd rpms
as well as the FC6 kernel binary and source rpms as well
as the FC6 patches...

3) we need to modify util-linux to support the "fsc" option (so nfs will use the fs cache)

the patches and full source and redhat binaries are located at

http://people.redhat.com/~steved/fscache/util-linux/

however, the patch doesn't apply to any pure util-linux source, therefore one extract the full source (same method as above) in its own dir. this results in a lot of files, mostly patches though.
We have recently moved the nfs mounting code out of util-linux
and into the nfs-utils rpm. So please try the nfs-utils in
http://people.redhat.com/steved/fscache/nfs-utils/

Note: the nfs-utils-lib and libgssapi rpms will also be
needed as well which are also available from my people page.

steved.