[Linux-cachefs] multiple clients and FS coherency

Hi folks,

I was looking for a distributed FS that supports local disk cache, and
I stumbled onto this web-site.  I want to use existing NFS (so can't
use AFS, Coda or derivatives). I have read the doc, but I still had a
couple of qns.

I have a VM running on my laptop (running Suse Linux OS) that runs an
emulated disk file over NFS when I am at work, but I take the laptop
away from the office sometimes and have to re-sync the (huge) file
when I get back. Also, one my teammates need to share this emulated
disk file sometimes.

I was wondering if linux cachefs can make my life easier - 2 specific questions:
1.  When I re-sync image back from my laptop (after a disconnect),
would it be faster (would linux cachefs Write-back only changed
blocks/pages instead of the whole file)?
2.  If multiple clients are working on the emulated disk file, does
cachefs pretty much rely on the underlying netfs to provide the
coherency/locking?

Thanks.
Vipul